Old 06-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Loki

il Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:48:15 -0500, GA Pinhead ha scritto:

That is odd, the reply never showed up for me... it sent before I was
done. Oh well.

If you are staking rather than caging, 8-10 foot piece of rebar, for a
stake.

Otherwise the reinforcing wire they use for concrete. Get at least 6
foot tall though. Our tomatoes can go up, down and up again in one
year. As someone else suggested make a couple of prongs on the bottom
and put at least 4 bricks acrosss the bottom wire. Nothing like a six
foot cage of tomato geeting blown over and ripped out by the roots.
(experience)

I suppose wire stays are out of the question? Then beans could grow
up those too.
--
Cheers,