Old 06-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
::: You said all that without mentioning cats!
:::
::
:: Sod it sorry ;-(
::
:: badgirl, I forgot to mention that once the soil has broken down to
:: a fine tilth and you spread it on the garden, all of your very
:: inconsiderate VERMIN CAT owning neighbours, will let their vile
:: animals onto said borders and garden to use as their toilet. I
:: strongly recommend the Cat and Dog Deterrent mention in previous
:: threads, even though Barrowcloth is in a veiled way calling me a
:: liar and that it doesn't work on the Vermin. It does :-)) You
:: should see them running away shaking their heads :-))))))
::
:: Hope that helps
::

Thats better :-p
TBH I wouldn't mind seeing the odd cat in my garden, the bloody place is a
rodent's paradise, the side fence has started rotting away and on the other
side of it is a mass of brambles (I leave these in place to deter the other
type of rat)...only 150 yds away is a brook and several stagnant swampy
ponds, I'm sure they are coming from there but there seems to be an endless
supply of them...I've followed all the 'rules', no foodstuffs or hidey holes
but still they enter my garden in plagues...poison works for about a week,
traps are a waste of time as they learn too quickly to avoid them...they
seem to disappear in summer but for the rest of the year they swarm all over
the place, I think we need to introduce some snakes to this country,
genetically modified ones that breed like wildfire, are frost tollerant and
thrive on rats...it's definately got a lot worse in these past 2 - 3 years.