Old 06-04-2005, 04:02 PM
bigboard

edenworkshops wrote:

Hello

We have just moved into a new house.

Our property borders a farmyard and along one edge grows some sort of
evergreen conifer hedge about 7 feet tall and 30 feet long...some parts
of it are as green as could be and has a lot of new season growth
showing, but large parts of it...appears to be if not dead, then
certainly unwell...it is all brown and shows no new growth this season.

Now I know that the inside areas of connifers, the parts that get no
sun, are often brown and look dead, but this hedge gets full sunlight
all day, and every scrap of the dead looking hedge, including the
outside branches that get the sun is brown with no new growth at all
this season

I wonder what has caused it (run off from farmyard?) and how to breath
new life into it.

Looks like a leylandii. And yes, it's dead. It is an ex-hedge. It is no
more.

--
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.
-- Adlai Stevenson