Old 06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Nick Gray

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 240.10...
Against my usual custom, I ended up buying a bag of peat free potting
compost from B&Q last week. And it is much, much better than the horrid
barely-composted bark chips that they used to sell. This stuff looks like
it might actually grow decent plants.

I also got some packs of dry coir blocks, which should be ideal for pots
once mixed with wormery doings.

Has anyone else noticed that the quality of peat-free has improved, or was
I just lucky this time?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Hi Victoria,

Have you tried the Fertile Fibre peat free compost? For £5 they will send a
catalogue and samples, see http://www.fertilefibre.co.uk/ for more
information. They only supply direct by mail order rather than going through
the sheds, but this does keep the price down.

My father has always used it in the seed kits he supplies and gets very good
results when trialling.

HTH

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk