Old 06-04-2005, 03:53 PM
shazzbat

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Kay" wrote in message
news
In article , H
serve.co.uk writes
Could anyone help me identify a plant that my dad used to have many

years
ago,
Seem to remember it looked like a fern but when you touched the leaves

they
curled up.
Have tried searching the web with not much luck.
Thanks for your time.

The famous one is Mimosa pudica. The leaves are made of lots of little
leaflets along each side of a central stem, and when you touch the leaf,
all the leaflets fold along their centres, the whole leaf fold down
along its central stem, and the stem of the leaf folds down.

Chiltern seeds sell the seeds.
Kay

Bought a baby one last week at the GC for 0,80 eurocent :~))
It's really interesting how the leaves fold up

Kids love them as I recall. When ours were little they touched it so often
it gave up on the task. Then gave up the ghost.

Steve