Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
Stacy Person wrote:

Doesn't help the nasties that get in the house, however. We're coming
up on ant time, so I'm getting prepared.

Stacy
Grand Island, NY
Zone 5

I place a few drops of oil on pennyroyal on or about our basement
exterior wooden supports. Use half an ounce per year sometimes every
other year. Also I mix boric acid powder available at your local drug
store with 5 or ten parts sugar. Same time frame. I place 1 oz. of
this mixture in containers and place about in basement and kitchen in
childproof areas, Up high or under cabinets.
Once had carpenters in by sons bedroom window sill. Drilled a small
hole placed a few drops of pennyroyal in, sealed the hole and the next
day they were gone. Make sure the smell is not offense before using it
if your basement is open to living areas.

Don¹t eat any of this stuff of course.

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade garden in a Japanese manner
Vision problems? http://www.ocutech.com/ we own two.