Old 06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
pb

In article ], ] says...
I thought I'd try growing bush tomatoes in various ways to see what
works best - and one idea was to use pots on the patio.

The seed packet advises 12" pots but when I went into the local garden
centre I was appalled at the price - about six quid for a pot - and over
two quid for a corresponding saucer!

This seems totally crazy!
Is there any reason for such high prices?

Are there good alternatives?
Wilco wastebins with holes drilled in the bottom?
Are saucers needed?

I use builders buckets from B&Q, about a quid apiece. Not very pretty but my
tomatoes grow anyway. Easy enough to drill holes in them and they are quite
tough.