Old 07-04-2005, 03:13 AM
God Bless Texas

Eric Gray wrote:
We have large oak trees in our yard, and the tops are covered with bees!
They have started to build nest on the porch and through out the yard. My
six year old is seriously allergic to the bees. I went to Home Depot a
bought some spray but it didn't phase them at all. If bees could laugh thats
what they were doing. What can I use that works and is safe around the
house. Thanks in advance

I'm having a similar problem - we hung the hummingbird feeders about a
week ago - have seen a couple of scouts (I guess) in that time - but
suddenly today the feeders are swarming with bees drinking the nectar.

I'm going to bring in the feeders, hopefully the swarm won't nest in my
yard - with kids and dogs I worry about the Africanized (although it may
be too early for them to be in the area).

Has anyone else ever had a problem with bees and hummingbird feeders?
We've had the feeders out for years, and this is the first time I've
ever seen this occur.