Old 07-04-2005, 05:19 AM
Timothy

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:18:04 +0000, m4rcone wrote:

In alt.home.lawn.garden Timothy wrote:
On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:29:00 +0000, m4rcone wrote:
I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=665 but it looks like the only
thing that comes close that is available in the US is a $1000+ machine
made by Husqvarna. Is this some vast conspiracy by the rental industry,
or am I simply not looking in the right places?

I'm un-sure why you would need one of these per-say. It seems that it
de-thatches (would bet rather poorly) and picks up leaves. It's only a
foot wide and it would take you forever to do a 1500 square foot lawn
area.

I don't need that particular brand and model, just something like it.
However the something like its that I've seen in the US so far start
around $1000.

I'd suggest that you research the euro suppliers of said machines and
*try* to hunt them down on this side of the pond. I would also suggest
that you look to Canada as they may have more euro-type machines than the
usa.

I'm still at a lose as to why you want one. What is it that your trying to
accomplish? Leaf pick up.. thatching..? Thatching really only needs to be
done at best every 3/4 years. As for picking up leaf litter..ect, use a
lawn vac or even a lawn mower.

I can understand how one can get used to a certain tool and a certain way
of doing things, but it may be time to look at different options and tools.

Good luck finding that right tool for your job.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com