Old 07-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Kay

In article , Rupert
writes

"shazzbat" wrote in message

I make a point of checking a few labels now when I'm following SWMBO round
supermarket, the thing that really made me angry last year was to see
runner
and french beans which had been flown in from Africa on the same day that
we
were picking them off the allotment. I can understand it when stuff is out
of season here, but that is ridiculous.

So you don't want Africans to earn a living?

It's not as simple as that, though, is it?

Kiwi,Apricots,tangerines etc etc are never in season in the UK

Apricots are in season in the UK in late summer. Don't know whether
they're grown commercially on any scale.

--
Kay