Old 07-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Doug Kanter

Stinky fertilizer? Is that why it works?

"gardenguy" wrote in message
Deer love to eat tulips. I use milorginite fertilizer to discourage them.

Gary

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I found deer tracks in one of my flower beds where tulips are growing, and
the leaves were munched off 5-6 plants, but not the other dozen or so.
And, no snacking noticed with tulips elsewhere on the property. Are deer
known for liking tulips, or was this just a taste? FYI, deer own this
neighborhood, and the flower beds they did NOT raid provide them with more
shelter than the one they did.

Or....maybe it was just one deer shopping, and he/she is bringing the
whole family tonight. scary horror movie music here