Old 07-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Tom Randy

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:21:34 -0700, eric_mayer wrote:

Hello Everyone.
I've been have a problem with some of my phals when I water. Most of my
phals are grown in bark, but when I water one particular plant tiny white
bugs crawl onto the aerial roots because, I guess they're afraid to drown.
Are these bugs harmful, they don't look like mealy bugs or scales, but I
guess they do live in the medium.
Could they possible be aphids?
I want to get rid of them because I don't know if they're a potential
threat to my plant
-Eric

Most likely springtails or soil mites, both harmless. They feast on damp
organic matter. Control is to keep soil on the dry side.