Old 07-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Reel McKoi

"Elaine T" wrote in message
m...
*sigh* The saga continues. The second shubunkan squeezed through the
grate as well so both were in the bottom barrel this morning when I fed.
I didn't have time to do anything about it. This afternoon, I came
home to ... you guessed it. Another crispy, dried out fish. *sniffle*
I've had it. That one aggressive shubunkan can stay alone until I
figure out a foolproof way to keep fish out of the spillways and in the
barrel.

I was sitting on the porch enjoying the small waterfall in the inground 150
gallon mini-pond when a shubunkin started to try going UP the waterfall.
He/she tried and tried.... looking like a salmon trying to get to it's
breeding grounds. Finally it gave up. Fish do strange things (from a human
point of view).

Over the years I've had several goldfish and one koi commit suicide.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...