Old 07-04-2005, 05:39 PM

In article , MM
writes

Snipped

I absolutely agree with this. Today's townie kids' immune systems are
shot to pieces because the kids never get their peck of dirt while
growing up. When do you see kids playing outside in the fields
nowadays? Everyone is scared of 'stranger danger'. If they do go out
of doors away from the telly or computer game, they just ride their
bikes around. Where's the cowboys and injuns, the lying on the ground
playing fives, that kind of thing? Kids (and adults) have little
contact with the natural world, then suddenly, panic, as 'bird flu'
strikes.

Where do you live then! mine are out all the time as are the other kids
around here, we have to drag them in to eat and sleep. They make dens
over the fields, make tree houses, use the old pillbox as a clubhouse..
One minute you talk about townie kids and the next you're talking about
fields, the two don't often go together and I suggest you look around
kids are still outside til all hours, everybody is *not* afraid of
stranger danger.

If modern humans were transported briefly back to Victorian London,
their sojourn would indeed be brief as many would succumb straightaway
to the ordinary everyday noxious substances that hardy workers of the
day had got used to from birth.

yeah, the good old days huh! and I don't agree with someone else's pet
crapping in my garden, just for the record I have no objection to wild
animal crap just inconsiderate pet owners

--
David