Old 08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
sue and dave

LOLOL Doug!!!!

My late Uncle Seth was a New Englander to the core, he had seed catlogs
beside his deathbed looking forward to his next garden.

He was also a collector of " stuff".

He had a collection of " wind up" alarm clocks ( pre- battery operated type
with the bells and clappers) that he would set for odd intervals during
the night, placed them inside otherwise defunct aluminum garbage cans with
a few discarded tin cans and pie plates.

Every evening after supper he'd go out to the garden with his stogie and
wind up the clocks, change some alarm times, rearrange the noise-makers
among whatever was choice to raccoon, deer or other critter.

Kept his wife exceedingly busy with canning and freezing and always had
freebies for visitors and neighbors.

Sue

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

That's it. I'm waiting out there with a baseball bat tonight, and stocking
up on onions, garlic, and charcoal for the BBQ.