Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Warren

Suzie-Q wrote:
I want to create a raised flower bed. Is there a way to figure out
how much dirt I will need?

I want the flower bed to be relatively circular, about six feet
in diameter, and about six inches deep.

Is there some way to get this dirt without buying a bunch of bags
of dirt? In other words, if I go to a nursery or somewhere else,
is there someone who will deliver the amount of dirt I want?

Thanks in advance.

The volume of a cylinder is: (Pi x radius-squared ) x depth

3.14 x 3 x 3 x 0.5 = a little over 14 cubic feet

So if you're buying 2 cubic foot bags of soil, you'll need 7 bags.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Care for your landscape with Black and Decker cordless tools
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html