Old 08-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Elaine T

Reel McKoi wrote:
"Cumberpach" wrote in message

Hi, I bought 3 Iris Kermesina plants about 3 years ago and so far - plenty
of leaf but no flowers.
They are planted in a 6 inch deep trough and the top of the trough is

about

4 inches below the water surface. This is a smallish variety and will grow
to about 12 inches above the water.
The 'pond' is plastic pre-moulded, 3 feet x 2 feet x 18 inches deep. There
is no pump/fountain/filter etc or fish in the pond and most of the other
plants have been doing ok. Any ideas please ?

I would guess they're lacking phosphorus. A few fertilizer tabs should do
the trick. They may also want to be closer to the surface.

I was thinking phosphorus too. I remember from my rose days that some
plants need quite a bit to flower well.

--
__ Elaine T __
__' http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__