Old 07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Magwitch

Sla#s muttered:

"DJR" wrote in message
I have a flourishing bay tree growing in a pot about 19 inches wide and

deep
but the pot fell over and broke. I am now considering planting it in the
garden but am concerned about whether it would survive through winter,

when
it comes. Any suggestions?

I didn't you had to protect them from frost! Mine, a standard, of about four
feet in a 14" pot, has survived two years outside in Stirling, Scotland.

Slatts

Our bay tree (from a pot) grows and flourishes in the bed beside our
North-facing front door. Even in summer it only gets about 2*3 hours
sunlight a day, morning and late afternoon.

They are tough as old boots, I even remember breaking its tap root when I
transferred it from the pot and it just grew even faster, once in the
ground.