Old 08-04-2005, 07:20 AM
sherwindu

Hi Ed,
Aside from looking bad, there may be nothing harmful in this growth. You
could
spray them with general purpose fungicide, like Captan. I sprayed my dwarf
apples
and dogwoods with lime-sulfer a few weeks ago, to get rid of a potential problem
had last year with leaves turning brown. It may also work for your problem.

Sherwin D.

Ed wrote:

Hi everyone need some help. I have a couple pink dogwood trees and a
dwarf apple tree that is getting a white scaley type stuff on the bark.
Is this something I should be worried about ? Is there anything i can
do to get rid of it ? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ed