Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Snooze

"Elaine T" wrote in message
om...

snip

Can anyone take a guess about lilies or suggest other large floating
plants that are tolerant of this sort of current to shade the pond? And
legal in California - I can't find water hyacinth and only got water
lettuce through a friend. Or do I have too much current?

Thanks so much...again!

Some suggestions that others have made in the past, make a barricade by
tying nylon fish line across the pond to prevent the floaters from leaving
their area. In larger ponds, people have used hula hoops
You can get WH in California. They aren't in the nurseries yet, too early
wait a few weeks.

Summer Winds has them, for a about $2/plant
http://www.summerwindsca.com/

If you're in San Jose, Payless Nursery over on silvercreek & king carries
them as well, but a little pricy compared to summer winds.

Good luck