Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
news
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:

| New plunge bench and heated cable in sand has been inundated with

ants.
| They seem to be all over the place. What can I do to dissuade them?
| Would Vaseline or something similar, smeared round the legs of the

stand
| help?

Keeping it damper would, too.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Well it's fairly damp at the moment Nick, and excess water will drain
out anyway. I have it set to 70 degrees and on the bottom shelf I have a
heated tray type Thingy which takes four full sized seed trays. The ants
are all over that as well. As I don't have anything actually growing in
the sand could I drench the sand with something?

janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

I have always found the various powder type insecticides good for ants, but
I have never had them in a propagator! They must have thought it was
Christmas when you installed central heating for them :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk