Old 07-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Mike

If modern humans were transported briefly back to Victorian London,
their sojourn would indeed be brief as many would succumb straightaway
to the ordinary everyday noxious substances that hardy workers of the
day had got used to from birth.

MM

Not quite that far back, but the 50's and asbestos?

I was contacted a few months back from a chap in Australia, "Mike do you
remember me? John Anderson? We were Apprentices together at J S Whites at
Cowes. I want someone to verify that I was there as I have contracted
Asbestosis and my Solicitors are making a claim"

I had to reawaken some long gone to sleep brain cells and when he emailed me
a couple of photos, I do remember him. He worked in a different squad to me,
but I could verify that he was who he said he was and consequently assisted
his Solicitors to make a claim.

That was only 50 years ago. Look at the precautions we have now, but I ask
the question, "Are we over the top with our precautions?"

Saw a picture of a 'PC' youngster playing Conkers. Gloves, goggles, hard
hat, protective clothing, steel toe capped boots :-(((((

Mike