Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Lynda Thornton

Default Evergreen shrub type plant for under leylandii?

Hi

I want to fill in some large (2ft high and wide) gaps at the bottom of a
row of leylandii and wondered what might grow in such a place to fill in
the gaps all year round ideally.

They would get a bit of sun, and we do get high rainfall here but they
would need to tolerate times when rainfall was lower and the trees were
taking the water too of course.

Is there such a shrubby evergreen plant that would fit the bill, not too
spreading as it is on the edge of a driveway used by several residents
so a more upright or compact growth would be best.

Thanks for advice.
--
Lynda Thornton