Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Lee Braiden

On Thursday 07 April 2005 18:06, wrote:
I think F. religiosa aka Bo Tree has rather large leaves also. They
are not cold hardy. Most Ficus respond well to pruning and (with the
exception of F. ben. and its cultivars) leaf removal. The white sap (latex)
can be a nuisance and irritating to some.

Interesting, thanks for that.

My favorite Ficus story is: About 1948 my family lived two blocks
from the ocean in Daytona Beach. We had a large F. elastic in the front
yard of our apartment house. (Well, it was large to a six year old.) The
love of my life can over to play and got latex in her hair. That was the
end of our relationship. Just as well, I met her later in my junior year at
U of F and it was clear I was too plebeian for her.

Hehheh, a narrow escape there

--
Lee.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++