Old 08-04-2005, 06:07 PM
cat daddy

"escape" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:57:40 -0500, "cat daddy"

opined:

Six 5-gallon buckets and aquarium air stones. I started out with 2

cups
of loose alfalfa meal per, and couldn't find my bottle of molasses, so I
used 2 cups dried 38% molasses.
One bucket didn't have an airstone, so it served as a test batch.

Since I
was mostly interested in the nitrogen, the growth hormone, and trace
nutrients I added four more cups of alfalfa. I only let it brew three

days
and stirred a few times a day.
All smelled sweet, the sludge expanded to about a third capacity and

the
tea was dark green soup.
It probably didn't get the microherd going much, if at all.

Next up, a blend of 2 cups alfalfa and and 2 cups compost with real
molasses in No Nonsense knee highs. I'll brew until I get the gooey,

foamy
tea.

If you are making aerobic tea, the pantyhose fabric is too tight a weave

and the
beneficial organisms cannot get out of the bag into the water...

Really? That's not good. But almost all the tea websites mention using
panyhose as a tea bag or strainer. I would think the weave would not be
small enough to limit bacteria, although it might with fungi. I'm wanting to
get the little guys into the solution and not cling to the sludge.