Old 08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Travis

Timothy wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:44:48 +0000, Suzie-Q wrote:

I want to create a raised flower bed. Is there a way to figure out
how much dirt I will need?

I want the flower bed to be relatively circular, about six feet in
diameter, and about six inches deep.

Is there some way to get this dirt without buying a bunch of bags
of dirt? In other words, if I go to a nursery or somewhere else,
is there someone who will deliver the amount of dirt I want?

Thanks in advance.

A yard will cover 108 square feet at 3" deep. A cubic yard is 27
cubic feet. If you were buying bags of dirt and the bags were 2
cubic feet, then you would need 14 bags.

Most soil suppliers will deliver for a fee and sell in cubic yards.
With all things in life though, they won't bring you a cubic yard
though, it will be under a bit over over a bit. They just dump it
in the truck and go.

You can borrow/rent a full size truck and it will carry a yard.

Good luck to you.

A formula:

_L' x W' x D"_= cubic yard (s)
324