Old 09-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Jim Carlock

Default cauliflower

I've got a few cauliflower plants. One set are in a big pot and they
are huge I think. At least the leaves are. None of them have cauli-
flower growing on them though. I've been reading that they become
unproductive by the time summer gets around.

Is there anything that I can do to get the actual cauliflower going?
I've read on one site that administering nitrogen is a good thing. So
I have some left over fish emulsion that seems heavy in nitrogen.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies/comments.

Also, one other question. If I do start to see a head, I've read that I
should tie up some leaves around the head... and there's mention of
blanching. Is tying up the head in leaves considered blanching? This
is my first time trying to grow cauliflower and I need to find a way
to get this thing to grow a cauliflower head. Thanks!

Most of my tomatoes are doing great! Just awesome! Took a year to
get some, and it sure does feel good to see some tomatoes! And they
taste truly awesome as well. Nothing compares!

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.