Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Alan Holmes

"w.g.s.hamm" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Trying to dig the veg plot for this years crops, last year I had some
four foot wide beds, but I decided they weren't really suitable for the
potatoes, so I've started to dig them wider, to make them wide enough
for rows of potatoes in fours, eight seed potatoes in two rows, of
three varieties, will provide me with enough for the year.

So, I've been digging over the 'virgin' soil I haven't dug for a long
time, I'm absolutely knackered!

Now all I want is a long rest with lots of feminine company!(:-)

You want to sit and watch footie on the telly while your lady friend digs
the ground? ;-)

That sounds wonderful, unfortunately she doesn't want aything to do with
real productive gardening, other than eat the result!(:-)

Doesn't real hard graft give you a buzz? I love it although I now canno0t
do
as much as I used to due to my disability, but on occassions (don't tell
my
doctor) I have been known to swallow some of my 'big' painkillers and go
out
and graft hard until I am exhausted. Boy does that feel *good* even if I
do
wake up the next day unable to get out of bed :0)

I have trouble getting out of bed every day!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net