Old 09-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Reel McKoi

"Elaine T" wrote in message
m...
Are Pondmaster Pond-mag pumps OK pumping against a ball valve closed

about halfway? I know they're designed to handle quite a bit of head.
Mine's 350 gph pumping at 2 ft head - I had the ball valve closed a bit
(thus my estimate of 200 gph), but not halfway like it is now. If
they're not OK against back pressure, I'll auction it off at the
aquarium society meeting this weekend and get a smaller one.

I was told the more "back pressure" on a pump the faster it wears out. I
don't know thought as I don't cut mine back. You may want a smaller pump.
Someone else may have more experience with this.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...