Old 09-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

We used straw and put it in a Wal-Mart mesh laundry bag. No problems.

Could it have been the sun that got your bag? Seems strange that the
snails got the TOP. But then, lots of strange things happen.

Jim

Stephen Henning wrote:
Last year I bought bales of barley straw from my Ace Hardware. They had
a kit which made 3 bails when decompressed. They had 3 plastic strand
bags to put the straw in. Last year my snails seemed to attack the
plastic strands in the bags and destroyed the top of the bag. This year
I used a heavy bag from a leaf shredder, but I would like to use a
lighter bag if anyone knows of a good source.