Old 09-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Bioboffin

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Bioboffin
writes

All new commercial chemicals have to be tested on animals by law.
The ones which we use, are those which are the least nasty. (The
others never get to be sold).

It may also be worth noting that ivy is one of the more useful
'weeds' from the point of view of encouraging wildlife (insects and
birds). Perhaps you should feel equally depressed that the same
stuff which proved not to be too horrible when tested on rabbits, is
extremely horrible when used on ivy.

Yes I realise that, it might just be me having a sensitive moment!.
Sometimes the implications of things suddenly hit you.

Janet, it is kind of you to reply to my somewhat rantish post.

You are quite right - the reality of life (as we live it) can be unpleasant.

John.