Old 09-04-2005, 05:05 PM

Bioboffin wrote:
Chris Hanson wrote:
Bioboffin Wrote:
McCready wrote:-
"Jim Spriggs" lid wrote in-

I have now purchased a specific ivy killer containing ammonium
sulphamate.-

That's sulphate.-

I wouldn't be so sure...

http://tinyurl.com/59ybl

John.

Wow, that is one good read. From Cornell University? Thanks John.
Chris

You're welcome. ;-)

If you like that, I have several more....

(You've been warned!)

I suppose it's worth mentioning that the URL links to a site which
expects the chemical to be used, among other things, on American
_poison ivy_, not real ivy. It'll still kill real ivy, of course; but
it's possible to justify far more brutal measures for poison ivy than
we might think necessary for poor old _hedera_.

I think some energetic hand-treatment and conceivably some glyphosate
if really necessary would normally be enough.

--
Mike.