Old 10-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Katra

Default Broccoli seeds...

I let the side sprouts of my brocolli plants from this winter go to seed
instead of eating them. I'm shocked at how those little bitty bunches
grew into HYOOGE seed stalks!

Pretty yellow flowers that the local honeybees went bonkers over.

I now have some very tall brocolli plants with dozens of large, fat,
green seed pods sticking out all over the place. The pods are 2" to 4"
long and about 1/4" thick at the middle.

They look a lot like bean pods so I can't help wondering if they are
edible. ;-)

Do I need to let these die back and dry naturally, or can I cut the
stalks or remove the pods to let them dry?

How do I know when the seeds are mature???

This is my first time EVER growing brocolli, and I'd really like to yank
these plants to put in new ones! I need the space......

TIA!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada