Old 09-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message ,
writes
Chris French and Helen Johnson
wrote in message ...
In message . 10,
Victoria Clare writes
Against my usual custom, I ended up buying a bag of peat free potting
compost from B&Q last week. And it is much, much better than the horrid
barely-composted bark chips that they used to sell. This stuff looks like
it might actually grow decent plants.

Has anyone else noticed that the quality of peat-free has improved, or was
I just lucky this time?

No I think you are right, the quality of the peat free composts has
certainly improved over the last few years.

Chris, Helen

I agree with you compleatly the organic composts on sale at B&Q today
are of excellent quality

Err, I never said any such thing. I just said that the quality of
peat-free composts (in general) had improved. I've never used the B&Q
stuff so would not comment on that. Mostly I've used the JA Bowers New
Horizons stuff.

these are sourced thru the irish firm bord na
mona (shamrock horticulture)

he same company that is digging up all the Irish peat then :-)

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: