Old 10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
CNB

I noticed this when I bought my LX266. The deck is considered a seperate
item than the tractor, and so for whatever reason the 50 inch deck is made
with 12 guage metal. The thickness of the metal used for the different decks
do not always go up or down proportionally with the size of the tractor they
are mated with. You have to remember that some decks can be used on several
different tractors. Its sort of like a computer. The most expensive may
actually have a less expensive part in it compared to the others, but the
total package is what your getting. I wonder if you can buy the tractor and
deck seperately? I've never heard of this but it seems like you should be
able to.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Right now I'm looking at the 2500 series with the shaft drive, probably

the
2544. The more I look at the brochure, the more little, subtle

differences
I see that make my head spin. For example, the 2544 has an 11 gauge 44

inch
deck, the 2550 has a 12 gauge 50 inch deck, and the 2554 has an 11 gauge

54
inch deck. Unless it's a typo, I can't figure out why the deck on the 50
inch would be thinner gauge.