Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Michael Persiano

In a message dated 4/9/2005 2:23:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

In my experience, no one who isn't a commercial grower or
applicator has access to ANY fungicide that will reliably
"cure" an on-going fungus attack. If you have a fungus ailment,
your only hope is to get rid of the conditions that create it,
whether that is excess moisture, too much rotting vegetation in
the soil, or whatever. For root rot, you bare root, get rid of
all infected root (and then some), and replant in clean soil.
For diseases of stems and leaves, you prune away the infected
area (and then some) -- and hope. Usually in vain.

Friends:

This is not always in vain: many individuals have come to me with bonsai
suffering from root rot, and many of these trees have come back--not all. My
procedure as provided will work for trees with root rot. As for Benomyl, if
this does not effectively work again root rot (based on recent research), it
is clearly an indication that the treatment as presented in an earlier email
works in and of itself. );-)

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++