Old 10-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Frogleg

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:47:59 GMT, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

"Endangered Bucket Farmer" wrote
Let's say that I draw an imaginary line in the ground.

On one side, I want to kill everything.

On the other side, I want to leave the grass, etc, as
is.

If I spray Roundup or similar product in the kill-zone,
how far should the application be from the dividing
line?

If you spray on a day with no wind and have an accomplice who holds a screen
(say a sheet of plywood) on the line you can spray right up to the line.
Watch the drips off the screen.

Glysophate has no effect in the soil, and breaks down almost
immediately there. It works systemically through the sprayed foliage
of the plants. Spray on a clear, calm day, and you won't even need a
screen. :-)