Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Timothy

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:02:34 -0700, Endangered Bucket Farmer wrote:

Hi, Everybody,

Let's say that I draw an imaginary line in the ground.

On one side, I want to kill everything.

On the other side, I want to leave the grass, etc, as is.

If I spray Roundup or similar product in the kill-zone, how far should the
application be from the dividing line?

Thanks...

I tend to stay away from round-up (I don't like their parent company) when
it comes to spray edging. It does translocate and your edges can/will be
larger than you wish. I use Finale (Glyphosate) for spray edging. Finale
has never 'creeped' on my spray lines and unlike round-up, it trully has
no soil activity.

If your looking to kill a lot of really tough, deep rooted perennials,
then round up may be your first choise. Otherwise you'll most likely will
need to re-apply if you use finale. Personally I've never had much issue
with growth return with finale. Below are some links on the subject.
Either chemical use use, you will need to have caution if there is any
wind. Use a piece of cardboard or wood to help you screen the spray when
you apply.
Good luck.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-648.html
http://grounds-mag.com/mag/grounds_m...le_vs_roundup/