Old 10-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Hank

Water chestnuts: May be considered invasive in your area.
http://www.iisgcp.org/EXOTICSP/waterchestnut.htm
But they sound tasty also.

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

"Elaine T" wrote in message
om...
Snooze wrote:
"Hank" wrote in message

Watercress loves moving water, the faster the better. The roots do
a great job filtering and if you get too much you can have some for
lunch.

For some reason, people don't mind eatting watercress and
waterchestnuts that have been grown in an unseen pond miles from
home, but have a problem with watercress grown in their own pond...

-S

Water chestnuts??? I can grow fresh water chestnuts? Yum!
*bounce* I have no problem whatsoever eating from my pond. Heck,
I'm watering planters of herbs with water from my pond and the're
growing like weeds. Can't beat fish water for fertilizer plus the
extra humidity from the pond keeps the planters from drying out as
fast.

Off to Google for water chestnuts...

--
__ Elaine T __