Old 10-04-2005, 05:54 PM
tom

Default New flowerbed & Garage wall advice sought. Worried about footings.

Hi,

My existing lawn goes right up to the side of my garage and I fing it
hard to mow up to the side of it. I was thinking of putting a
flowerbed in a) to make mowing easier & b) for a bit of colour.

1.Will this damage the garage footings (plant roots etc)?
2. Whats the minimum width / depth it should be? I was thinking about
2 ft wide from the new grass edge to the garage wall. Is this ok?

Its west facing so it gets a good bit of sun at tea time.

Is putting a flower bed in just a case of removing the grass & roots &
then planting plants?

Thanks for your help.