Old 10-04-2005, 06:24 PM
MM

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:30:46 +0100, "w.g.s.hamm"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 23:13:44 +0100, "w.g.s.hamm"
wrote:

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"MM" wrote in message

Luck always comes into survival of the fittest. Often it isn't the
fittest, but the luckiest who survive. But how many relatively minor
wounds became gangrenous and eventually killed the host because basic
first aid wasn't carried out, like washing and bandaging? On the

other
hand, we have true stories of farm workers carrying their severed

arms
to a doctor after being crushed by a tractor or combine, and they

live
to tell the tale.

MM

I think you'll find its a severed arm, not arms. Both arms severed, you
cant
carry 'em.
Try it and you'll see what I mean :-)

Tsk in the olden days the farm worker would have picked both up in his
teeth, while smoking 80 fags a day and walked 30 miles to the doctor only
after finishing a 18 hour day threshing corn with his severed arms.
Nowadays yer don't know yer born.
I never could understand what that was supposed to mean :-)

No, but with these increasing intrusions on privacy in the womb, where
we see the little mites growing up almost from the point where they
resemble chickens, embryos will be made to feel responsible for their
environment. Expect future Neo Labour governments to apply ASBOs
(inserted by test tube, naturally) if too much kicking is observed.
What must those poor nurses on materity wards think, what with all the
ultrasound piccies they're forced to watch, day in, day out.

So you watched the programme on channel 4 too :0)

Nope. The trailers were more than I could bear. Too much information.

MM