Old 11-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
Hello, I have posted photos and a description of the location of this tree, which is quite attractive, but we have been unable to identify it. Any help would be appreciated. The link to the description and photos are he

http://ImageEvent.com/daedaloma/treeidentification

the password is: tree

TY

William

Hi William,

Looks like Vaccinium arboreum - sparkleberry, farkleberry, tree huckleberry

http://rnrstreamer.lsu.edu/ecosystem...reehuckleb.htm
http://www.floridata.com/ref/V/vacc_arb.cfm
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP65.JPG
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP64.JPG
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/LCP/LCP66.JPG
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/dcs420/fa03/fa03003.jpg
http://botany.cs.tamu.edu/FLORA/Mint.Springs/MS008.jpg
http://www.sbs.utexas.edu/mbierner/b...m_arboreum.htm

Newt

or Arbutus
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.