Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 AM
James

Default Azaleas and Weed and Feed / Question for group

In the Spring of each year, I put down a weed and feed product. I have
many Azalea beds. Some years they bloom well, others they don't. I try to
fertilize them separately with a product formulated for them.

It has occurred to me that when I fertilize my lawn with weed and feed, I go
up adjacent to my azalea beds. These are very old azaleas (25 years), so I
guess their roots extend out quite a bit. I wonder if the weed and feed
(Atrazine) is going to the outside roots of the azaleas, and stunting them
some ? I don't think any of the weed and feed gets closer than 3 feet from
the main trunk of the bushes, but if the feeders come out more than 3 feet
then in a way I may be giving them some weed and feed which is not my
intention.

Any comments, or thoughts ??

--James--