Old 10-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Dave Sheehy

Default Den thyrsiflorum

That's good news. Hopefully that means I can look forward to 3 canes
blooming this year. Mine's still in its resting phase but I haven't looked
at it too closely in a while.

Dave

jimwatts ) wrote:
: I have no idea about the twice per year, but they will rebloom on the
: same cane. Just took a pix of mine showing new spikes starting on old
: canes, then realized I can't post it here, LOL! Oh well, I tried.
: One early spike has buds already, but all the other spikes are only
: about 1cm long, or just breaking out.

: jimwatts

: (Dave Sheehy) wrote in message
: Do Den thyrsiflorum canes bloom once per cane or may they bloom
: multiple times from the same cane?
:
: Another web site claims that they will sometimes rebloom in the late
: summer (August-September). Does anyone have any experience with this
: happening? If so, is there anything in particular that you did for this
: to happen? It would be way cool to get 2 bloom/year from this plant!
:
: Dave Sheehy