Old 11-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Chris Savas

Some years ago, we had to move and managed to take fifty plants with us. We
had to live in an apartment so I built an A-frame type of plant stand and used
one 4-ft shop light on the top level. I hung two 4-ft shop lights for the
lower level. The lights were about 1 foot from the top of most of the plants.

As to the length of time, I had the lights all on a timer, and the timer was
set generally to the day length outside.

Most of my plants were cats with a few phals. (All plants got the same
treatment.) They lived, and several bloomed although, to be fair, not quite as
robustly as they use to in my previous slat house.

We have since moved again, and all my plants are doing just fine in the
lean-to greenhouse. (No more lights.)

Good luck,
Chris

In article .com,
wrote:
I found a reasonably priced 4' four light T8 fluorescent ($50) at home
depot that I'd like to use for the planting/growing/flowering process
and would like to hear from others who have tried this inexpensive
method.I'd also like to compare the growing period using this system
against MH or HPS,I'm trying to save money as you can tell so I can
spend more on other garden issues.