Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 AM
~Roy~

Most all snails grow relatively fast if they have sufficient food and
conditions are good. I would make sure my water is 60 or above, and
Apple or ramshorn are both good. HOwever don;t depend on a snail to
keep things clean, as its mainly a myth.,........shops tell you they
eat the trash, and decayed matter etc etc, so you think right off its
a good scavenger, which it is, but it also gives off waste products
which sometimes can actually be more than what the waste products in
the pond would be without a snail adding to it.

Just the same I like snails, have a few ramshorn, and apples, and a
heap of small snails typically found in natural ponds which get about
as large as a marble

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:50:08 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

===Its me again, I was told that the bell type fountains put a good amount
===of oxygen in the water of my pond. Is this the best one for that use?
===Also I want to try snails. I have one big apple now but it keeps going
===dormant (or maybe its getting old) The water is warm. Also what Snails
===grow fast and work in a 300 gallon fish pond? Thank you