Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Rusty Mase

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:32:07 GMT, "g" wrote:

............ One of David's specialties is fermenting grapes
and muscadines. The same equipment would work for a
batch of red hot sauce.

These were more of a small wooden container like a deep bowl with a
loose cover that you kept on the counter in the kitchen. Probably at
most a pint or two. I am thinking that this is just a salt
fermentation like you do with sauerkraut. We made sauerkraut in a
small 2.5 gallon crock where you only fermented a dozen heads of
cabbage at a time and then canned it for close to immediate use.

Rusty Mase
Austin, Texas