Old 11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Phisherman

Thanks Lee. I've been looking for ginger for some time now in
nuseries and at an herb farm without luck, so I'm ready to try this.
Anyone know the location/climate the store-bought ginger is grown? We
have a lot of shady acidic soil conditions on a slope and need some
plant cover there. (Already have pachysandra, variuous ferns, and
some wild honey suckle).

On 10 Apr 2005 20:21:01 -0700, wrote:

yes, it will work, but the one I grew got too big for the area in th
solarium. if you break a piece off be sure to let the broken end cure
before planting it as it will brobably rot if not cured. I just used
some potting soil in a big pot and it grew long stems with fine long
frond type leaves simular to palm fronds. i did use Super Trove as a
rooting inducer.
--Lee