Old 11-04-2005, 07:39 PM

In rec.gardens William Brown wrote:
You should take a look at the power requirements for this tool. If it
is made for European use, it is likely to require 230/50 power, so you
would need a power converter also.

Again, I'm looking for something *like* it, not necessarily this model
per se. A US-version of this would be good. Other brands/types would be
OK too.

I doubt they build them for the US market. European, particularly
English, lawns are often only slightly larger than a decent dining room
table, so they provide tools for that small environment; rarely do you
see an American lawn that small.

While I pointed to a British website in my original posting, this model
is sold throughout Europe. My parent's lawn (they live in the Netherlands)
isn't much smaller than mine (SF bay area), and they swear by it.