Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 PM
AutoTracer

Default peach tree failed to flower

Last year I bought a peach tree (I think in march) and it was covered with
flowers which eventually fell off before the leaves started to grow. The
tree yielded lots of fruit last fall.

This year the tree has grown lots of leaves but I never saw any flowers.
Why did the tree fail to bloom this year? What did the nursery do to get it
to bloom before I bought it? Am I just being impatient?

The tree is a grafted onto a 4 foot tall standard and is planted in a half
wine barrel. Watered regularly and only occasionally fertilized with
16-16-16. Spot is plenty sunny and I live in central CA (SF bay area).